Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Reading Program at the Tuscaloosa Library









I went yesterday during lunch to get all the paperwork and stuff done for the library because I had promised the boys I would take them after work. I got mine and Harrison's cards updated and Preston his first card (He thinks he is a big shot now). We also got registered for the reading program and were given cute blue bags to load up with books each time we come.
Well when we got to the library, I was amazed. I have never seen either one so interested in finding the perfect book. Preston tried to check out every Dr. Seuss book and then thanks to Mrs. Whitehead, he headed to find Ralph S. Mouse. I am so excited that i get to share Beverly Cleary (one of my favorites when I was a kid)with him. He also checked out Socks. Harrison began searching the computer looking for WW II books and Vietnam books. AMAZING!!!! He is so like me when it comes to reading. He couldn't find any he liked on the search so he wanted me to help (SHOCK) him look through the stacks and get some good ones. We found a Dear America about the Civil War, the new Capital Mysteries series and some other good ones.
HERE IS THE BIGGEST SHOCKER!!!! When we got in the car, Preston pulled Ralph S. Mouse out of his bag and began to read!!!!!!! I didn't even ask him too or suggest it!!!!!!
I think I am going to love this summer!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

We made a visit to the library yesterday, too. That's great that Harrison enjoys history. My boys are fascinated with wars and historic battles, too.

Marsha said...

Hi Sabrina! I'm trying to leave a comment for you over on the other blog and the little box won't show up. I'm about to leave work, so I'll check at home and see if I can comment from there. If I can't, I'll come back and let you now. :)

Blessings to you!

Valerie said...

Hey Sabrina! I think one the best gifts we can give our kids is the love of reading!

I hopped over from Alabama Bloggers to say hey!

Marsha said...

Hi Sabrina! It's me again.

I still can't get Post A Comment to come up on your other blog.

I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed your contest entry! Very original and steeped in humor. I LOVE it! And I like that you even used our blog background. How very cute!

I have asked 3 other ladies not connected with the retreat, but very gifted writers that have inspired me, to be the panel of judges. So, over the next 2 weeks they will be coming by as well. I don't know if they will comment or not.

I'm praying the Lord will provide a way for you to come either by this contest or another way yet to be revealed by our Father.

Have a blessed week.