Thursday, August 13, 2009

Atlanta-cation-Days 4 and 5


I'm Sorry


I have been a very bad blogger. There is no excuse for me not finishing the vacation posts. I admit I just didn't do it. Sorry and hope you enjoy this last one.

On the 4th (which also happened to be our 4Th day on vacation), the boys and I decided to sleep late and just chill at the hotel since we were going to Medieval Times that night for supper.

We played Phase 10, watched some TV and of course went swimming. While we were down at the pool, we did have a sibling battle which created some need for time-out.

We got dressed and went to Medieval. Preston was more than impressed---he was mesmerized. Harrison was impressed with his food and Preston's food. If you guys have never been to one of these shows, You get
Garlic Bread
Tomato Bisque Soup
Roasted Chicken
Spare Rib
Herb-Basted Potato
Pastry
Beverages


Preston even got our knight (The Green Knight) to throw me a flower.





Sunday was a very rainy day. We hit the Aquarium and enjoyed it. The Belugas ( But I like the Belugas...said in my silly voice) were THE BEST!!!!! I so wish I could keep one for a pet. :-) We saw the 4-D movie about a little fish name Depo and walked through the Titanic Experience. Harrison was amazed at how many of the 1st Class survived compared to the others. I think I may have a little humanitarian on my hands.





We walked back to the Marta station in the rain and decided to visit the Hard Rock Cafe and once again the boys were in awe. We even got to look at the "Hard Rock bible" which is a notebook that tells where all the stuff is located. We looked up the people we really wanted to see and scoped them out. Preston has asked when we go back for the Virginia Tech/Alabama game if we can go eat there again. This is Preston in front of Elvis 's Harley and Leather Jacket.




After we got back to the Marta station we hopped in the car and headed to Stone Mountain. We rode the Duck,

Did the ropes course,






and ate cotton candy and Funnel cakes.





Of course, you can't go to Stone Mountain without seeing the Laser Light show. AWESOME!!!!






Somewhere in between the show and the parking lot, I lost my cell phone. That meant I lost the videos and pictures that I had not sent to Facebook yet. I didn't realize it until we got back to the hotel. It was a freak-out moment but luckily I got myself back into grown up mode and handled it well.

Around 2:30, Harrison woke up throwing up. I would offically like to say I am sorry to the hotel carpet. Harrison and I had a long night (we were up every two hours) so the ride home was quiet and uneventful the next day.

Overall I give this whole trip a major A+ and I hope I gave the boys some major memories.

5 comments:

Lianne said...

I didn't realize there was a Medieval Times in Atlanta. That looks fun!

Angie said...

OH WOW!!!!!
WHAT A TRIP!!!

Can't wait to see/meet you in 30 days!!!

LisaShaw said...

Please come over to Sharing Life with Lisa. There's a blessing waiting for you and then please contact me via Email asap.

Blessings and peace!

Tea With Tiffany said...

So excited to meet you at the bloggers retreat! :)

Beautiful Daughters said...

So excited to get to met you in Flordia!!! Congrats

Rachel